Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Chicago...Here we Come

It is late and we are still packing up so we can head down the mountain at 6 a.m. tomorrow with Kattya. We'll spend the night in Alajeula near the airport and then fly on Thursday around 7 a.m.

I finished my last commitment with the new Building project this afternoon so I can head north with a clear-head (well, as clear as one's head can be right now).

We have house sitters moving in for a month tomorrow, so we've cleaned this house top to bottom (almost hate to leave).

Well, this is short and sweet - as I type this, I ask myself why do I have butterflies in my stomach and why am I so anxious to head back to the States??? Stay-tuned, I'll let you know when I land.

Wish my IT band would feel better...injured my upper thigh running about 10 days ago and have not ran since. Beth and I will do a 5K on Sunday in the Daisy Dash (Clarendon Hills DAisy Days Festival)....wish me luck, can't say that I'll miss the hills here.

Peace Out,
S

2 comments:

  1. I've been following your adventure all year. I hope your trip back to Illinois goes smoothly. Perhaps I'll get a chance to see you.

    Betty Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also been keeping up with your life change. Excellent adventure. Just got back from CR. We (wife and 2 young boys) visited Monteverde June 9-11 and it was beautiful. Stayed at the Hotel BelMar. You live in a very special place on this planet. Ironic but we too stayed in Alecuela on the 16th and flew out the next morning at 7:30 to Dallas on AA. Maybe we were on the same plane:) Keep up the blog and Pura Vida.
    Jay Graham

    ReplyDelete