Sunday, September 27, 2009

Alive in Costa Rica

Yes, we are here. It has been a few extra days since our last post. Reasons? I have been very busy with school tasks and Sally has been using her project management skills to assist me after the boys go down; our phone and internet connection has been down since the thursday afternoon thunderstorm - several hits of lightning very close; immediately afterschool friday, we joined the school staff for a wonderful overnight trip to the San Gerardo Biological station, I´m sure Sally will fill you in on the details, including the epic hike back yesterday; and last night, we attended the huge Coffeehouse event at the school.

Deciding to spend the day at school to prepare for upcoming conferences and the week´s curriculum, I also find Wendy, a lifelong resident and woodworker, building a drawer for a desk in my classroom. We proceeded to plan a minicourse to build shelving for my classroom, using old desks and scrap lunber.

Sending this message from the school PC and hoping to get our phone service running tomorrow, I will think about everyone and hope you are well. Signed M.

1 comment:

  1. Mike,
    you all amaze me with what you are doing up in the mountains! Mike and I were freaking out last night because we couldn't get a movie we ordered from the cable company! Keep the posts coming and the pix! I love seeing you and your family. Take care of yourselves! Connie

    ReplyDelete