Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Oh My Aching Rhomboid!

The rhomboid major is a muscle on the back that connects the scapula with the vertebrae of the spinal column. Why do I care? Because mine hurts and has had me on the heating pad for the last week. You know I am in pain when I actually break down and succumb to a massage - I enjoyed an hour long massage today at the local boutique/yoga joint which helped but the pain is back as I think about crawling into bed. The chiropractor comes to town this weekend, so I have an appointment with him as well this Friday. I am certain that all the documenting of listening circles and feverishly typing up notes as my laptop steadies on my knees is not good for the muscle. Couple that with a basketball mini-course, carrying my 40 lb. son on my shoulders (my bad) and well, just old creaky bones, guess it is time to take some time for Sally. Relax my Dear!

One other thought before I close this quick post for the night:

I came home from school with John trailing behind me sipping and slurping on his yogurt drink we had bought at the dairy on our way home, and spied Gaudy and Michael sitting proudly under a Guava tree in the pasture. Gaudy yelled to me in Spanish "We have a surprise for you". Somehow, I knew it had something to do with a bike - Indeed, Michael had mastered turns and was zooming around the front yard like an ole pro. How sweet it is...pics to follow.

A proud mama moment.
Signed: S

2 comments:

  1. Sassy,

    Try Preparation H. I think Poppie uses that for his Rhomboids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. too funny, thanks for the smile. Poppie, we love ya! your loving children!

    ReplyDelete