Thursday, July 9, 2009

Adios Corporate America


After 15+ years in Corporate America, I am leaving it all behind in two days – surely to be greeted by a whole new set of challenges…the grandest of all will likely be caring for my two 3 year olds. It is somewhat daunting to think my daily life will no longer be governed by back to back conference calls, meetings and deadlines; rather getting the kids to school, acclimating to a new country and keeping my boys minds, body and spirits active and thriving. As I pass the ‘career baton’ to my husband, I look forward to entering into this new chapter in my life where I can focus on my more creative and nurturing side opposed to the driven, competitive, process oriented part of my brain that has been in overdrive of late. Clearly it is the little bit of success that I have had in the corporate world that is now affording our family the chance to take this leap into the ‘unknown’. Tomorrow, I will turn in my laptop, security badge and board the commuter train outbound from Chicago for the last time…smiling the whole way home. Signed S

2 comments:

  1. Go you guys! Really, go already...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm smiling ear-to-ear for your coming adventures and courage to leap into the unknown--a far cry from the Sally Collins that first joined the Tigroup team.

    Happy trails!

    ReplyDelete