Monday, July 20, 2009

God Speed

This past Sunday, our community church offered GodSpeed for our family and the journey we are about to take. I reflect on the prayer and the church itself as it was this church in which I joined as a single woman eight years ago, became a Deacon, married Mike six years ago, baptized our boys three years ago and now this same church sends prayers to us as we head south in just over a week.  As we land in Monteverde, I look forward to seeking out to gain a broader understanding of who the Quakers are and attend some of their meetings.  Mike also tells me there is a Catholic church in the neighboring village (Santa Elena) which we will check out as well.  A Presbyterian church (I imagine) will be hard to come by, so I look to the future as a time for spiritual exploration and new learnings.  Attending the Catholic church will provide us with a great opportunity to connect with the locals and practice our Spanish.  

I approach the continuation of my journey of faith with an open mind, a willingness and desire to educate myself and, to most of all, question, challenge and be challenged.
More to come on this one, so please check back! 
Signed: S
 
  

2 comments:

  1. Will be following your blog faithfully...very intriguing. And praying for the four of you. Have a very safe journey and don't misplace those rubber boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally - God Speed to you and your family. I went to look for you today to ask a question and found out about your adventure. Have a wonderful experience and I will check your blog to keep up. Deb Baab

    ReplyDelete