Monday, July 13, 2009

What draws me? Part II

From Sippy Cups to Petri Dishes....Another driving factor for me in making this move is the desire to live beyond my cubicle and wireless headset.  Don't get me wrong, there is a part of me that thrives on the stress of a busy work day, but I look forward to spending more time with my boys.  When we brought the boys home from Guatemala, Mike took a one-year sabbatical from teaching to be a stay-at-home dad (and yes, he has set the bar high) which allowed me to continue growing in my career.  A year turned into two and now as we celebrate their third year home next month, it is time for Mike to flourish in rediscovering his connection to science in the classroom and with the students he so enjoys.  Another baton in our three-ring circus is the one that he is passing to me as I transition into the primary care giver...Now that I am off work, truly I feel as tho I should be following Mike around with a pad and paper in hand taking down notes and tips "summer camp lunch (do's and don't pack), snack time at 3:00, bath time at 7 p.m". - okay I do exaggerate but he has it all down and I feel a little pressure to not 'erase' all the goodness he has instilled in our boys -- it so works!  
Signed: S

No comments:

Post a Comment